For a long time, Veeam has been telling its users to not use "low-end NAS boxes" (eg, Synology, QNAP, Thecus) as backup repositories for Backup & Replication (VBR), even though these Linux-based devices should be compatible if they have "x86" architecture (as opposed to ARM).
The reality is that none of these devices use "bog standard" Linux distributions, and due to their appliance-based nature, have some significant limitations on what can be done to their custom distributions.
However, there are many folks—both as home users or within small/budget-limited businesses—who are willing to "take their lumps" and give these things a shot as repositories.
I am one of them, particularly for my home "lab" environment. I've written about this use case (in particular, the headaches) a couple of times in this blog [1, 2], and this post joins them, addressing yet another fix/workaround that I've had to implement.
Installing Veeam Data Mover service Error: Failed to invoke command /opt/veeam/transport/veeamtransport --install 6162: /opt/veeam/transport/veeamtransport: error while loading shared libraries: libacl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directoryFailed to invoke command /opt/veeam/transport/veeamtransport --install 6162: opt/veeam/transport/veeamtransport: error while loading shared libraries: libacl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
After failing to find a fix after some Linux-related searches, I discovered a thread on the Veeam Community Forum that addressed this exact issue .
- Download the latest ACL library from Debian source mirrors. The one I used—and the one in the Forum thread—is http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/acl/libacl1_2.2.53-10_amd64.deb
- Unpack the .deb file using 7zip
- Upload the data.tar file to your Synology box. Feel free to rename the file to retain your sanity; I did.
- Extract the tarball to the root directory using the "-C /" argument:
tar xvf data.tar -C /
- If you are using a non-root account to do this work, you'll need to use "sudo" to write to the root. You will also need to adjust owner/permissions on the extracted directories & files:
sudo tar xvf data.tar -C /
sudo chown -R root:root /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
sudo chmod -R 755 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
- Create soft links for these files in the boxes filesystem:
sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libacl.so.1 /usr/lib/libacl.so.1
sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libacl.so.1.1.2253 /usr/lib/libacl.so.1.1.2253
- Last, get rid of any previous "debris" from failed transport installations
sudo rm -R /opt/veeam
- Select the "Backup Infrastructure" node in the VBR console
- Select the Linux node under Managed Servers
- Right-click on the Synology box being updated and select "Properties..." from the popup menu.
- Click [Next >] until the only option is [Finish]. On the way, you should see that the Synology is correctly identified as a compatible Linux box, and the new Data Mover transport service is successfully installed.
thans for sharing your tips you can also visit my websiteReplyDelete
It wrecked my Synology so it would not start ... appears to break the softlinks for the /bin folder. Ended setting up DSM again, recovering my data files, and restoring config.ReplyDelete
Thank you. Worked wonderfully.ReplyDelete
Just a heads up to those trying to follow on later installs:
I tried using a newer version of libacl.so.1 but that lead to new errors like these:
veeamtransport: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.33' not found (required by /lib64/libacl.so.1)
Going back to 1.1.2253 fixed that.
This was on a Synology DS1815+ running DSM 7.1.1-42962 Update 3
Is there alternative method for backup repositories & Replication (VBR)?ReplyDelete
Konveksi Murah Bandung
Batu Alam Cirebon
Slot Gacor TerbaikReplyDelete
Situs Slot Gacor TerbaikReplyDelete
Situs Slot Gacor Terbaik Dan TerpercayaReplyDelete
Situs Slot Gacor Terbaik Hari IniReplyDelete
Situs Slot Gacor Terbaik 2023ReplyDelete
Maxwin Gacor Anti HoaxReplyDelete
Agen Slot Joker123 Terpercaya adalah situs yang menyediakan permainan mesin slot online dari provider joker gaming tanpa kekalahan yang sudah dipercaya oleh masyarakat Indonesia.ReplyDelete
Thanks to Akun Super Maxwin Gacor for this articleReplyDelete
Nice blog for Slot Terpercaya GacorReplyDelete
Very nice and informative article.ReplyDelete
Slot Receh Gampang Menang
jasa pembuatan npwp, jasa bikin npwp, jasa buat npwp, jasa pembuatan npwp terdekat, jasa pembuatan npwp online, jasa pembuatan npwp pribadi, jasa membuat npwp, biro jasa pembuatan npwp, jasa bikin npwp online, jasa buat npwp pribadi Jasa Pembuatan NPWPReplyDelete
Cửa Hàng Đặc sản Bình Định Biển XanhReplyDelete
Chuyên cung cấp sỉ hải sản khô Bình Định như: cá khô, mực khô, tôm khô,... Và các loại quà bánh đặc sản Bình Định như: chả ram tôm đất, nem, tré, bánh ít, bánh hồng giá tại xưởng.
Địa chỉ: 53 Nguyễn Lạc, Tp Quy Nhơn, Tỉnh Bình Định
Thời gian làm việc: 5h - 20h (Thứ 2 - CN)
Thank you Jim for this Veeam update! Much appreaciated.ReplyDelete
thanks bro, just visitReplyDelete
WordPress Tutorial Pemula WordPress Tutorial Pemula WordPress Tutorial Pemula WordPress Tutorial Pemula WordPress Tutorial Pemula WordPress Tutorial Pemula